Things you should know.
When you come to the markets, we want you to make the most of your visit. That means indulging your senses, relaxing, sampling, browsing, making new friends, stocking up on your weekly produce, unwinding and totally immersing yourself in the lively market atmosphere.
In order to make sure you get to do all that in the smoothest way possible – make sure you do the following things:
- Bring cash as only a few stallholders have EFTPOS facilities.
- Bring your eco-friendly bags, as single use plastic bags are no longer available, but if you forget to bring your bags, don’t worry, Hessian Market Bags Made in Australia are available for $5.00 each. At the Market Management Stall (look for the yellow gazebo).
- Bring your own trolleys.
- Bring your own coffee cups or mugs to help us reduce waste.
- Bring your cooler bag for your meat, dairy and seafood products.
- Ask stallholders as many questions as you like.
- Take advantage of plenty of free tastings at various stalls as well as at the
Market Management Stall.
- Bring your family and friends and enjoy a relaxing breakfast or brunch under the shady trees on grass in our many seating areas.
- Pick up free colouring-in sheets and stickers for your children.
- Dogs are welcome but please have them on a lead at all times and please note that dogs are not permitted to enter stalls due to health and hygiene regulations.
- Bring your picnic rugs.
This bag reflects what the market is all about.
Our Market Bag Story
For many years now, the market was endeavouring to source a high quality, unique marketing bag that was made and designed in Australia. It took some time, but we found it.
This bag reflects what the market is all about – respect for the environment. We would like to give a special thanks to Macley Options Inc. (a non-for-profit organisation in NSW that provides employment and training opportunities for adults with intellectual disabilities) for making our market bag vision a reality.
The logo on the market bag was designed by a very loyal and talented market customer.
1 market bag = 1 less plastic bag.
Things you should know.
When is the market open?
Trading hours are 7.30am to 12.30pm every Saturday, all year round, weather permitting.
Where is the location of the market?
The Market is located at The George Burnett Park, corner of Manning Road and Elderfield Road, Karawara. Follow the Market signs on Manning Road.
Where can I park?
Anywhere in the carpark or if you would like a closer spot, parking is also available in the park. Follow signs and directions from the parking attendants.
Is there an entry fee?
The Market is a free event.
Where are the Toilets?
The toilets are located in the George Burnett Leisure Centre.
Is there any certified organic produce on offer?
Currently we have a number of stalls who sell certified organic and biodynamic fruit and vegies as well as stalls selling certified organic eggs, olive oil, olives, dry goods, beef and lamb. We also have stalls selling products that are made with organic ingredients including breads.
How can I apply for a stall?
Please email the Market Manager —email@example.com for further information. Please note that currently we only have vacancies for specialist fruit and veggie growers.
Are dogs allowed at the market?
YES. Please ensure that your dog/s are always on a lead and do not enter stalls. Also ensure that you pick-up after your dog.
How will I know if the market is closed?
The market may be closed in the event of inclement weather. Please check our website or Facebook for updates.
Can I use a credit card to buy produce/products?
Most stallholders only accept cash but a few have EFTPOS or other credit card facilities. There are no ATM machines on site.
Is there a seating area?
Yes, tables and chairs as well as stools and deck chairs are available for your comfort but feel free to bring your own picnic rug or blanket.
Where To Park
Anywhere in the carpark or if you would like a closer spot parking is also available on the park. Follow signs and directions from the parking attendants.